Friday, May 16, 2014

The Blessing of a Praying Mother

Posted by Dana Silvey
It was a blessing to celebrate Mother's Day this past Sunday.  Mark taught on Hannah's prayer from I Samuel during our teaching time at church.  Hannah prayed a prayer and it was fulfilled in a very specific way in the life of her son.  This prayer renewed in me my privilege as a mother to pray for my children.  

A verse that I have used in praying for my children is from Colossians 1:9-11.  I pray that they would:   
be filled with the knowledge of His (God’s) will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, that they would walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.





I pray this also for my husband as he leads our family.  Praying God’s word back to Him is very powerful.  I want to encourage all mothers to be praying daily for their children.  You can also pray for the future spouses of your children.  Let’s be praying mothers and grandmothers! 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I do it often, although I am a father, and that includes you Dana-goo.:)

    ReplyDelete